Re: [WebIDL] Inherited Attributes?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:33:16 +1200
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: public-webevents@w3.org
Hi Doug.

Doug Schepers:
> We would like to indicate in the Touch Interface spec that the
> TouchEvent Interface inherits the Event.timestamp attribute from the
> Event Interface, just to make it explicit.
>
> Is there some way to express that in Web IDL?

There is no way in Web IDL to explicitly state that a particular
interface member is inherited from a parent interface; all are inherited
by definition.  (If you repeat the attribute definition in the
inheriting interface, this will introduce a separate propert in JS that
shadows Event’s timestamp, which isn’t what you want.)

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/