Re: wc3 web certification program [via Web Education Community Group]

From: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:25:54 +0000
Cc: Greg Chiponda <gregchiponda@gmail.com>, <public-webed@w3.org>
To: Adrian Roselli <Roselli@algonquinstudios.com>
I also love this idea, and have discussed this many times with various web ed fanatics. I think we will probably look into this in the future, but in the short term, we are better off focussing on creating our educational and outreach materials. Setting up a certification program and getting it recognised/valued is really hard to do.

Chris Mills
Open standards evangelist and dev.opera.com editor, Opera Software
Co-chair, web education community group, W3C

* Try Opera: http://www.opera.com
* Learn about the latest open standards technologies and techniques: http://dev.opera.com
* Contribute to web education: http://www.w3.org/community/webed/