W3C Web Crypto WG - Take Away from the 4th of Sept conference call

From: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 22:27:11 +0200
To: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
CC: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
Dear all,

>From our recent conf call, here is my take away on where I believe the WG is going :

-          We discussed recent changes to the specification handled by the editors http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/WebCryptoAPI/ in its version 1.27. Thanks again and again for the huge and smart work done there !

-          Some comments were raised before we get consensus for the FPWD : (1) use cases related to Netflix market should be added (ACTION-43<http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/actions/43> has been allocated to Netflix and editors to find a consensual wording for the wording) and (2) sample code should be offered to readers (ACTION-44<http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/actions/44> has been allocated to editors to publish some sample code for Friday)

-          Next step is that a new version will be made available to the working group on Friday 7th of Sept by editors. This version will only include changes related to the informative use cases and the sample code. It will be our basis for deciding to go or not for FPWD during our next call, planned on Monday 10th of Sept @ 19:00 UTC on the regular bridge and IRC.

-          Full minutes can be found under http://www.w3.org/2012/09/04-crypto-minutes.html, thanks to Karen for scribing and wendy for the support.

gemalto
Usually, Chair of Web Crypto WG