Re: Adding Kerberos use-case

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Thomas Hardjono <hardjono@mit.edu> wrote:

> David, Ryan, Folks,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to add a use-case
> to the Web Cryptography API draft.
>
> We want to be able to implement the full
> Kerberos Client in JavaScript and make use of
> the crypto APIs. In particular, we would love to
> have an additional API to handle Kerberos tickets
> (eg. fetching/storing tickets from the underlying OS).

Hi Thomas,

I agree with the other folks who have spoken on this subject (Ryan and
Harry) that the API to handle Kerberos tickets either belongs in the
Secondary API Features ("the lifecycle control of credentials such
enrollment, selection, and revocation of credentials with a focus
enabling the selection of certificates for signing and encryption") or
is out of scope under the charter of the working group.

There was an email discussion in August related to better support for
non-certificate credentials such as Kerberos tickets:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012Aug/0070.html

Wan-Teh