Re: Prioritization of secondary features

FWIW, I agree with Ryan.

There no doubt are scenarios in which certificate processing functionality
is useful in JS on the client, but I don't believe that double-checking
that the browser has correctly evaluated the certificate chain is one of
them, for the security reasons Ryan and I have both argued before.
(Of course, whether that means that the processing needs to be in
the browser is yet another story).

At this time, I don't see sufficient use cases to add a new pile of
complexity
to a draft which is already quite complex. Moreover, certificate
verification
is conceptually quite different, so deserves to be in a separate spec in
any case.

-Ekr