Re: Bank Applications - PIN Support Requirements

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren@telia.com> wrote:
> That is, you must be able to specify PINs including error-count for created keys in order to address banking.
> PINs may also be use-set but matching a bank--defined policy.
>
> Anders

Hi Anders,

As discussed previously, smart-card specific usages, such as pin
specification, are out of scope. This also fits into the smart card
provisioning scenario, which is also out of scope for the current
efforts. However, thank you for your input into the general problems
that would be faced if they were in scope.

Please note that we're not necessarily trying to map an existing
application 1:1 onto this API, but moreso to enable a class of
applications. As such, while I realize that some applications may
desire pin specific features, not all applications, including banking
applications, fundamentally require them, thus they can still enable a
rich experience even with 'only' the currently specced work.

Regards,
Ryan