W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > January 2009

[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2009-01-15

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:55:34 -0700
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20090115164854.016b38b0@localhost>
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

WebCGM WG --

The minutes of today's meeting are at

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html

and also available as text, below.

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             WebCGM Telecon
                               15 Jan 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Jan/0016.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Dave, Lofton, Don, Ben, Stuart

    Regrets
           Thierry

    Chair
           Lofton

    Scribe
           Dave

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Al Gilman questions & remarks
          2. [6]LC Review completion and DoC
          3. [7]Production of next WD
          4. [8]New technical threads
          5. [9]next F2F: March or May or ...?
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> Scribe: Dave

    Previous
    Minutes:[11]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2008/12/18-webcgm-m
    inutes.html

      [11] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2008/12/18-webcgm-minutes.html

    Topic: roll call 11:00am ET

    additions to agenda?

    None

Al Gilman questions & remarks

    Stuart sent a comment -
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Jan/001
    8.html

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Jan/0018.html

    and Lofton followed up

    Lofton's comment -
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Jan/001
    9.html

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Jan/0019.html

    How should we follow up with Al, now?

    <lofton> Stuart says: "..need agreement all the way along the data
    chain to realize any of this", and Lofton says "..especially true
    since CGM is binary format, per WebCGM appendix E.1 (3rd pgph)"

    <scribe> ACTION: Lofton to communicate results of our discussion
    with Al Gilman [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Communicate results of our discussion
    with Al Gilman [on Lofton Henderson - due 2009-01-22].

    <scribe> ACTION: Stuart to put together a first draft of a synopsis
    of his and Lofton's comments [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action02]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Put together a first draft of a
    synopsis of his and Lofton's comments [on Stuart Galt - due
    2009-01-22].

LC Review completion and DoC

    I18N approved explicitly

    Rob approved explicitly

    Benoit needs to explicity approve

    This will formally close the topic

    Benoit will review the DoC and formally approve resolutions

Production of next WD

    Lofton will apply DoC document and any editorial comments that have
    come up and create a new draft

    Trickier LC issues will be carried forward

    Need Thierry to answer the question of - publish soon in TR, to
    close the 1st LC cycle?

    <lofton> I think we answered it here: we need to publish the WD of
    1st LC closure (it's been 4 months since we've published)

New technical threads

    Error in SP valid values designation -
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Jan/001
    0.html

      [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Jan/0010.html

    Dave clarified the valid values

    Ben pointed out that a test needs to be corrected - Forrest will fix

    Lofton will take to take the editorial task to correct the section

    Edge vis -- moot? -
    [17]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200901/msg00014
    .html

      [17] 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200901/msg00014.html

    Ben agreed that the Edge Visibility issue is moot

    Tangent on discussion of Interior Style

    There are several tests that need to be corrected to make sure
    Internal Style is set to correct values to correspond to the actual
    test.

    Initial Values of new 2.1 SPs -- open -
    [18]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200901/msg00034
    .html

      [18] 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200901/msg00034.html

    We evidently erred when we defined the initial values.

    At the opening of an APS, all SP's have known, well-defined, values
    whether they come from the statelist of metafile default.

    Initial values should be 'metafile'.

    Interior-style SP -- open -
    [19]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200901/msg00019
    .html

      [19] 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200901/msg00019.html

    Thread is ongoing in the TC and we will defer it here until the TC
    has a chance to look at it (getting input from TC-not-WG members).

next F2F: March or May or ...?

    Defer to a TC topic next week (so that the other two implementors
    are involved.)

    Adjourn: 1208 EST

    Next telecon: 29 January 2009

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Lofton to communicate results of our discussion with
    Al Gilman [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Stuart to put together a first draft of a synopsis of
    his and Lofton's comments [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action02]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action01
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-webcgm-minutes.html#action02

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([23]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/01/15 23:51:27 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 16 January 2009 00:05:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 16 January 2009 00:05:10 GMT