W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > April 2009

[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2009-04-28 (vF2F day 2)

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:26:45 -0600
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20090428122007.0160f9f8@rockynet.com>
To: <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Forrest Carpenter <forrest@sdicgm.com>, Robert Orosz <roboro@auto-trol.com>,Ulrich Läsche <ulrich@cgmtech.de>

WebCGM WG --

The minutes of the teleconference are at

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2009/04/28-webcgm-minutes.html

and also available as text, below.

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                       WebCGM virtual face to face
                               28 Apr 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0023.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-webcgm-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Rob, Lofton_Henderson, Stuart_Galt, BenoitB, Ulrich, Dave,
           Forrest (2nd hr)

    Regrets
           Don

    Chair
           lofton

    Scribe
           sg

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]roll call 10:00am ET,
          2. [6]Closure of technical issues
          3. [7]Review of TC's Test Suite progress
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> scribe: sg

    <lofton> agenda:
    [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0027
    .html

       [9] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0027.html

    minutes (previous):
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/002
    3.html

      [10] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0023.html

roll call 10:00am ET,

    Forrest and Thierry are expected but not here yet.

    Don is also expected but not here yet.

    Hmm, severe flooding in texas, Don will dial in when he can. We
    expect that Forrest is in the same boat (muffled laughs)

Closure of technical issues

    spec improvement to support gOE(text) [$1\47]

    <Dave> Is there an equivalent bbox for equivalent MS fonts/

    Lofton points out that the font metrics for helvetica define the
    FontBBox -166 -225 1000 931

    If the font does not have a FontBBox available you need to go
    through the metrics and grab the ymin/ymax and use that.

    Arial has different font metrics.

    The profile says that if one of the model fonts are specified then
    even if the font is susbstituted the rendered text should conform to
    model profile metrics.

    What if anything needs to be done in the spec?

    option 1 - nothing

    option 2 - normatively add to WebCGM spec the information from the
    AFM for the core-13 fonts of WebCGM.

    option 3 - in the WebCGM spec, informatively explain or add or point
    to the information from the AFM.

    <Dave> I would lean towards option 1

    lofton prefers option 3

    lofton would like a statement that informs about association of
    top-line and bottom-line with font's vertical extents and would
    point where (font metrics in font database) to find the vertical
    extents.

    it would have a side effect of providing guidance of what to do for
    the non core-13 fonts.

    The width would be the width of the box if the restricted text type
    is on of the forms that spans the entire box.

    for the other types you need to add up the widths of the individual
    characters. Benoit asked what, in the font database, determines the
    glyph width. Lofton will work out some wording with him and propose
    it.

    there is a typo in that paragraph the word "he" needs to be changed
    to "the"

    <Dave> Width is the sum of the individual widths of the glyphs?

    Looks like option 3 + some clarification talking about non
    restricted text or those that do not constrain the length of the
    string

    the width of the string will be the sum of the glyph boxes. This
    will probably be in the 4th or 5th paragraph.

    -- about: XML 1.0 5e [$1\47]

    rob - there are places in the spec where we reference the 3rd and
    4th editon.

    lofton - it looks like it will not have an impact on webcgm to
    reference the 5th edition.

    The consensus seems to be that we might as well change the
    hyperlinks to the current version (5th)

    -- plan for updating current-editor draft [$1\47]

    It looks like it will take a couple weeks to incorporate the changes
    into draft

    <tmichel> I am back I had an ADSL disconnect. Dialing back ...

    sounds like worst case will be the 26th for the start of the 2nd
    last call review. Lofton would like to start it earlier if possible.

    We are not expecting a significant number of comments.

3.) Review of TC's Test Suite progress

    -- issue: setRedraw missing! (UL)

    Ulrich has uploaded the test but it is named setRedraw002

    Forrest will review this test (before Wednesday)

    -- issue: fix transformAPS test (UL)

    Ulrich will have this test available tomorrow by start-of-business
    in North America.

    Forrest will review the test.

    Forrest will also look at the animation test if needed.

    -- issue: setGetFillOffset final review (UL)

    Ulrich will send a screenshot with his comments.

    An escape element needs to be removed from the CGM.

    -- issue: fix metrics of gOE and gOET (SG)

    Stuart will fix this by today

    -- issue: validation of gOE.html?

    Stuart will adjust the meta tag to make the warning go away.

    -- publish snapshot concurrent with 2nd LCWD

    we will need to clean up the "todo" items to make a uniform change
    to fix the meta tags and the approved doctypes

    for the aci files.

    These fixes will be done after all the tests get approved.

    lofton - any other questions about the test suite?

    Ulrich and Forrest will get setRedraw002 turned around by tomorrow.

    Ulrich will correct tranformAPS and possibly the animation version
    by tomorrow morning. Forrest will review as soon as he is able.

    Stuart will update the getObjectExtent test and will fix the font
    metrics and get those up today.

    Stuart will work with Rob and Dave to try and figure out the HTML
    validation problems

    Forrest and Ulrich will come to a consensus about setGetFillOffset
    test

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [11]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([12]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/04/28 18:24:47 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [13]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: sg
Inferring ScribeNick: sg
Present: Rob Lofton_Henderson Stuart_Galt BenoitB Ulrich Dave
Agenda: [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Ap
r/0023.html
Got date from IRC log name: 28 Apr 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-webcgm-minutes.h
tml
People with action items:

      [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0023.html
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-webcgm-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

    End of [16]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Tuesday, 28 April 2009 18:27:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 28 April 2009 18:27:57 GMT