Re: getObjectExtent() question

At 01:50 PM 10/10/2008 -0400, Bezaire, Benoit wrote:
>The getObjectExtent() wording says:
>
>"... Other than text attributes and Style Properties, the calculation is
>not affected by CGM Primitive Attribute (such as line width) or Control
>elements, nor by
><http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-webcgm21-20080917/WebCGM21-DOM.html#>APS
>Attributes or
><http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-webcgm21-20080917/WebCGM21-DOM.html#>Style
>Properties..."
>
>Isn't that a contradiction regarding Style Properties? Do Style Properties
>affect the calculations, yes or no?

I suspect that the intent was this:

"Other than text attributes and text-related Style Properties, the
calculation is not affected by CGM Primitive Attribute (such as line width)
or Control elements, nor by APS Attributes or non-text Style Properties..."

We wanted the text size to affect the calculation when it comes from a
text-related CGM Primitive Attribute (or from the RT box, obviously).  I
suspect that we wanted the text size to also have an effect when it is
changed by the text-size SP, correct?

(If "no", then gOE would effectively return the text extent as defined in
the metafile, but unrelated to its actual displayed extent as might be
affected by text-size SP -- is that what we want?)

But I think it's clear that we didn't want line width to affect it, or any
other of the extent calculations.

Thoughts?