Question about setView()

From: Bezaire, Benoit <bbezaire@ptc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:57:57 -0500
To: "WebCGM WG" <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>
I'm wondering if the wording of setView() is not a bit short? The draft
doesn't say anything about invalid rectangles being passed in for
example.

Should more feedback be sent to the user? Currently, the function
prototype has a void return type. Should we change that to a boolean or
something else? or throw an exception perhaps.

I also question the possibility of a major scale change, ex: scaling in
by a factor of 100 (and loosing sight of the overall picture). Should
the user be told that such a change occurred?

Thoughts?
Benoit.