[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2008-11-06

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:53:00 -0700
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

WebCGM WG --

The minutes are at

and also available as text, below.

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             WebCGM teleconf

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-irc

           Dave, Don, Lofton, Stuart, Thierry

           Dieter, Ben

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Roll Call
          2. [6]Al Gilman questions & remarks
          3. [7]LC Review completion and DoC
          4. [8]I18N comments
          5. [9]Other new threads
          6. [10]Status & Forecast for test suite and implementations
      * [11]Summary of Action Items

    <thierry> I am a little late on another call. Will be there in a few

    Scribe Dave

    <scribe> Scribe: Dave

    Meetiing: WebCGM teleconf

    Previous Minutes:

Roll Call

Al Gilman questions & remarks

    Carry forward until Dec 18

LC Review completion and DoC

    Resolved: close current DoC with agreements made and handle future
    comments via a 2nd cycle

    We should have a disposition of comments document within 2 weeks and
    have our reponses ready to go back to commenters

    <lofton> reference #10:

    Proposed resolution for gzip - create requirement that 2.1
    interpreters handle gzip compressed valid content, as opposed to
    gzip as an encoding

    Resolved: Approved resolution as described in part 1 of reference 10

    <lofton> (That requirement would be only in Ch.7, and current gzip
    wording is to be removed from Ch.6)

    Loose end involved here is that a 2.1 interpreter does not
    necessarily have to handle gzipped 1.0 or 2.0 WebCGM files.

    <lofton> (See "Part 2" of agenda reference #10)

    <lofton> Dave gives scenario that supports the use case -- 2.1
    viewers that claim backward compatibility to 1.0 and/or 2.0 should
    correctly handle 1.0/2.0 instances that are gzip compressed.

    <lofton> what I'm hearing: all present support that.

    Dave and Don will provide responses to part 2 of agenda reference

I18N comments

    Remaining open questions concern question of character set (latin1)
    and normalization

    Those are issues 5 and 6 in reference #7

    See reference #7

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0811-webcgm/

    Everyone agrees that normalization is required for potential fonts
    ourside the "Abobe 13".

    <scribe> ACTION: on issue 5 Lofton to propose final resolution
    [recorded in

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    Lofton has invited a member from I18N to discuss our response. See

Other new threads

    'locus' defn to glossary

    Resolution: approve reference #11

    Resolution: Approved wording dealing with setView() rectangles with
    different aspect ratios

    This issue will be recorded as DoC 12

    <lofton> what about: "setView() invalid or extreme rectangle"?

    <lofton> Did it fall through the cracks?

    <lofton> (This is the second subissue of the setView(), as in
    reference #3...

    setView() invalid or extreme rectangle

    <scribe> ACTION: Dave, Don, Stuart reply to new thread to be created
    by Lofton on invalid rectangle [recorded in

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minutes.html#action02

Status & Forecast for test suite and implementations

    We will not be assured of having a productive meeting the end of

    It will probably slip at least 4-8 weeks

    Thierry proposes that we consider March for f2f to correspond to
    March milestone of publish CR

    Next teleonference in 2 weeks (Dec 18th)

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Dave, Don, Stuart reply to new thread to be created by
    Lofton on invalid rectangle [recorded in
    [NEW] ACTION: on #5 Lofton to propose final resolution [recorded in

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minutes.html#action02
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    [End of minutes]

     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([24]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/12/07 18:45:52 $

      [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [25]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002

      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Loose/Loose end/
Succeeded: s/11/12/
Found Scribe: Dave
Inferring ScribeNick: Dave
Present: Dave Don Lofton Stuart Thierry
Regrets: Dieter
Agenda: [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2008De
Got date from IRC log name: 04 Dec 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minutes.h

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minutes.html

WARNING: No person found for ACTION item: on #5 lofton to propose final
  resolution recorded in [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minute

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

People with action items: dave don reply stuart

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

    End of [29]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm