W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > August 2008

Re: WebCGM telecon next week?

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:22:49 -0600
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20080826121601.03602be0@localhost>
To: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Cc: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>,stuart.a.galt@boeing.com, Dieter Weidenbrueck <dweidenbrueck@ptc.com>,bbezaire@ptc.com, Don <dlarson@cgmlarson.com>,David Cruikshank <dvdcruikshank@gmail.com>

Hi Thierry,

At 06:00 PM 8/26/2008 +0200, Thierry Michel wrote:
>My understanding with your previous email, was to have the telecon on 
>Thursday, 8/28, (Wednesday, 11:30am EDT does not work for me).

I think you must have missed this one message:

At 12:33 PM 8/25/2008 -0600, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>Benoit has said that he can make it at 11:30am EDT Wednesday for the WG's 
>initial telecon.  That also works for Don, Stuart, and me.
>
>Thierry, does it work for you?

No matter.


>Please confirm so I can reserve Zakim on Thursday, 8/28, 11:30am EDT (for 
>1 hour).

I don't think you need to reserve Zakim.  The calendar already shows that 
Zakim is reserved for the WG, 11-12:30.  Is that right, that we don't need 
to do anything?

No one from PTC will be able to participate.  But on the other hand, it 
looks like we won't be able to vote to request FP&LC.  So we just need to 
talk and clarify who needs to do what, and when, in order to prevent any 
more schedule slippage.

More later,
-Lofton.


>  Henderson wrote:
>>Hi Thierry (and All) --
>>Thanks for all of your emails and drafts!
>>Proposal.  Thierry, could you go ahead and get the Zakim bridge for 
>>Wednesday, 11:30am EDT (for 1 hour), for all of us?  (I think 6 indicated 
>>availability then.)
>>Explanation.  At the least, you and I can talk.  I'd suggest that the 
>>others, who indicated their availability then, please keep it on your 
>>calendar until you hear otherwise from us.  Reason.  I am mostly busy 
>>with other things during daytime today, so won't be able to read and 
>>absorb all of this until later.
>>Part of the reason to hurry now was the anticipated absence of me 
>>followed then by your absence.  So we only had a small amount of time in 
>>September when we would overlap.  (My travel may be postponed now.)
>>It is a pity that the CfP took almost 4 weeks after the MoU, but we can't 
>>do anything about that now.  Bottom line is that our membership is indeed 
>>in flux now, and I'm not even sure who is on the WG list (I will check 
>>later, but meanwhile will copy all of the individuals.)
>>I have talked personally with JBC last evening, and he promises to join 
>>for OASIS and sign me up today.  But we still have some in-process cases.
>>As you say, it is hard to take a vote under those circumstances.  But we 
>>can assess the status, informally agree, and plan when and how we will 
>>circulate pre-announce (First Public and Last Call Working Draft), take 
>>vote, etc.
>>Thoughts?
>>-Lofton.
>>At 02:11 PM 8/26/2008 +0200, Thierry Michel wrote:
>>
>>>Lofton,
>>>
>>>Yes this is getting hairy. Maybe we are trying to rush too much ;-)
>>>
>>>It will be difficult to record Group decision from Members of the Group 
>>>(that are not yet members).
>>>
>>>I was in favor of publishing ASAP, but considering the situation of the 
>>>CfP, I would propose to postpone the teleconf tmorrow. We still have 
>>>plenty of time before mid November date of our F2F.
>>>
>>>We could easily publish early October. This will leave plenty of time 
>>>for the LC review (minimum per W3C process is 4 weeks). Our utimate date 
>>>of publication is October 15th (If we want to target mid November F2F)
>>>
>>>Meanwhile people can start working on implementation experience.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>TM.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>  Henderson wrote:
>>>>Hi Don,
>>>>I'm copying Thierry, to see if he has any thoughts about this...
>>>>At 02:23 PM 8/25/2008 -0500, Don wrote:
>>>>>Lofton,
>>>>>
>>>>>(below)
>>>>>  >  All --
>>>>>
>>>>>  >  Benoit has said that he can make it at 11:30am EDT Wednesday for 
>>>>> the WG's
>>>>>  >  initial telecon.  That also works for Don, Stuart, and me.
>>>>>
>>>>>  >  Thierry, does it work for you?
>>>>>
>>>>>  >  If YES:  then let's make the telecon time be 11:30-12:30 EDT.
>>>>>(And could
>>>>>  >  you please reserve Zakim for us, Thierry?)
>>>>>
>>>>>  >  If NO:  then we will go ahead with the 11am EDT Thursday slot that we
>>>>>  >  already have on Zakim.  Those present can resolve to advance to 
>>>>> LC, and PTC
>>>>>  >  folks can endorse that decision by email.
>>>>>
>>>>>  >  Finally... JOIN THE WG!  I have seen joining messages for Boeing 
>>>>> and for
>>>>>  >  PTC.  (You should also ensure that you have nominated the people to
>>>>>  >  represent your company.)  I have not seen messages for:  Larson 
>>>>> Software
>>>>>  >  (Don); or for OASIS (Lofton).
>>>>>
>>>>>I don't think I can join yet, since we are not officially a W3C member
>>>>>until they get our signed w3c application and the check.
>>>>Now that W3C finally approved the WebCGM 2.1 project, you have sent 
>>>>those, right?
>>>>This is getting messy.  It is possible that we will not be able to have 
>>>>the LC advancement vote Wednesday (or Thursday).  You are not a member.
>>>>And I would bet that I am not a member (I would be surprised if JBC has 
>>>>yet responded for OASIS to the call to join).
>>>>Any thoughts, Thierry?
>>>>Thanks,
>>>>-Lofton.
>>>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 26 August 2008 18:23:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 26 August 2008 18:23:17 GMT