W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > August 2008

Re: WebCGM telecon next week?

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:00:17 +0200
Message-ID: <48B42891.70407@w3.org>
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
CC: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>, stuart.a.galt@boeing.com, Dieter Weidenbrueck <dweidenbrueck@ptc.com>, bbezaire@ptc.com, Don <dlarson@cgmlarson.com>, David Cruikshank <dvdcruikshank@gmail.com>


My understanding with your previous email, was to have the telecon on 
Thursday, 8/28, (Wednesday, 11:30am EDT does not work for me).

Please confirm so I can reserve Zakim on Thursday, 8/28, 11:30am EDT 
(for 1 hour).



  Henderson wrote:
> Hi Thierry (and All) --
> Thanks for all of your emails and drafts!
> Proposal.  Thierry, could you go ahead and get the Zakim bridge for 
> Wednesday, 11:30am EDT (for 1 hour), for all of us?  (I think 6 
> indicated availability then.)
> Explanation.  At the least, you and I can talk.  I'd suggest that the 
> others, who indicated their availability then, please keep it on your 
> calendar until you hear otherwise from us.  Reason.  I am mostly busy 
> with other things during daytime today, so won't be able to read and 
> absorb all of this until later.
> Part of the reason to hurry now was the anticipated absence of me 
> followed then by your absence.  So we only had a small amount of time in 
> September when we would overlap.  (My travel may be postponed now.)
> It is a pity that the CfP took almost 4 weeks after the MoU, but we 
> can't do anything about that now.  Bottom line is that our membership is 
> indeed in flux now, and I'm not even sure who is on the WG list (I will 
> check later, but meanwhile will copy all of the individuals.)
> I have talked personally with JBC last evening, and he promises to join 
> for OASIS and sign me up today.  But we still have some in-process cases.
> As you say, it is hard to take a vote under those circumstances.  But we 
> can assess the status, informally agree, and plan when and how we will 
> circulate pre-announce (First Public and Last Call Working Draft), take 
> vote, etc.
> Thoughts?
> -Lofton.
> At 02:11 PM 8/26/2008 +0200, Thierry Michel wrote:
>> Lofton,
>> Yes this is getting hairy. Maybe we are trying to rush too much ;-)
>> It will be difficult to record Group decision from Members of the 
>> Group (that are not yet members).
>> I was in favor of publishing ASAP, but considering the situation of 
>> the CfP, I would propose to postpone the teleconf tmorrow. We still 
>> have plenty of time before mid November date of our F2F.
>> We could easily publish early October. This will leave plenty of time 
>> for the LC review (minimum per W3C process is 4 weeks). Our utimate 
>> date of publication is October 15th (If we want to target mid November 
>> F2F)
>> Meanwhile people can start working on implementation experience.
>> Cheers,
>> TM.
>>  Henderson wrote:
>>> Hi Don,
>>> I'm copying Thierry, to see if he has any thoughts about this...
>>> At 02:23 PM 8/25/2008 -0500, Don wrote:
>>>> Lofton,
>>>> (below)
>>>>  >  All --
>>>>  >  Benoit has said that he can make it at 11:30am EDT Wednesday for 
>>>> the WG's
>>>>  >  initial telecon.  That also works for Don, Stuart, and me.
>>>>  >  Thierry, does it work for you?
>>>>  >  If YES:  then let's make the telecon time be 11:30-12:30 EDT.
>>>> (And could
>>>>  >  you please reserve Zakim for us, Thierry?)
>>>>  >  If NO:  then we will go ahead with the 11am EDT Thursday slot 
>>>> that we
>>>>  >  already have on Zakim.  Those present can resolve to advance to 
>>>> LC, and PTC
>>>>  >  folks can endorse that decision by email.
>>>>  >  Finally... JOIN THE WG!  I have seen joining messages for Boeing 
>>>> and for
>>>>  >  PTC.  (You should also ensure that you have nominated the people to
>>>>  >  represent your company.)  I have not seen messages for:  Larson 
>>>> Software
>>>>  >  (Don); or for OASIS (Lofton).
>>>> I don't think I can join yet, since we are not officially a W3C member
>>>> until they get our signed w3c application and the check.
>>> Now that W3C finally approved the WebCGM 2.1 project, you have sent 
>>> those, right?
>>> This is getting messy.  It is possible that we will not be able to 
>>> have the LC advancement vote Wednesday (or Thursday).  You are not a 
>>> member.
>>> And I would bet that I am not a member (I would be surprised if JBC 
>>> has yet responded for OASIS to the call to join).
>>> Any thoughts, Thierry?
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Lofton.
Received on Tuesday, 26 August 2008 16:01:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:23:40 UTC