Re: attention -- WG approval of 1.0 strategy

Lofton,

The process you are referring to is

When a WG publishes Normative errata (Issuing a Call for Review of
Proposed Corrections),by the way a process *never* yet used at W3C by
any WG.
When publishing Normative errata, the Group commits to publish an edited
Recommendation within 6 months.(issuing a Call for Review of an Edited
Recommendation).

For WebCGM10 errata, the WebCGM WG has decided, not to use this process
but to publish WG approved errata. (Note that this is what most W3C WGs
are doing. And most don't even mention that these are not Normative
errata) [1].
Therefore the Group will not release a WebCGM10 third version.
I discussed this Chris, and he agreed.

For WebCGM20 errata, the WebCGM needs to decide if he wants to use the
same simple process or issue a Call for Review of an Edited
Recommendation) for WebCGM20 second release.

[1]. for example see
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/DOM-Level-3-errata
http://www.w3.org/2004/03/voicexml20-errata.html
http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-19980512-errata.html