From: Robert Orosz <roboro@auto-trol.com>
To: "Lofton Henderson (E-mail)" <lofton@rockynet.com>
Subject: WebCGM 2.0 erratum
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:38:13 -0600
[...]
I did stumble upon the following WebCGM 2.0 error today.
In the DTD snippet at the beginning of section 4.3.5,
http://www.w3.org/TR/webcgm20/WebCGM20-XCF.html#grobject
the attribute declaration for the visibility attribute is missing the
"inherit" value. I don't see this mistake repeated anywhere else. The
visibility attribute declarations for the other elements (layer, para, etc.)
are all correct as well as the complete XCF DTD in section 4.4. I also
checked the actual DTD on the OASIS web site, and it doesn't have this error
either.
========== end item ==========

========== Begin Item #2 ==========
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2007/errata-10/WebCGM10-errata-20070621.html#E04

Check if this is 2.0 erratum.  'name' occurrence in 'para' and 'subpara'.

========== end item ==========

========== Begin Item #3 ==========
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2007/errata-10/WebCGM10-errata-20070621.html#E07

ambiguous applicability of "128" limit in CLOSED FIGURE (PPF)

========== end item ==========
========== Begin Item #4 ==========

(See item #4,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2007Aug/0001.html . It
actually looks like an error in the CGM:1999 PPF, but (if we decide not to
ignore it), we could put a note in the 2.0 PPF, via an erratum, that
indicates the CGM:1999 PPF for the MP column is suspected to be in error.)

========== end item ==========
========== Begin Item #5 ==========

Email reference:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2007Aug/0007.html

Referring to the last two paragraphs, previous disputes about correct test
suite results led to the conclusion that the wording of CGM:1999 D.4.5.12
was imprecise, and did not specify that the radius was to be drawn along
the start-end ray, which is the agreed intent.  This became normative in
WebCGM 2.0 (and 1.0 as well). There should be a defect correction to
CGM:1999, but pending that, the profile(s) should point out the ambiguity
and assert the correct behavior.

Regards,
-Lofton