W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > September 2006

[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2006-09-28

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:03:33 -0600
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20060928110126.032a4ec0@localhost>
To: <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>
WebCGM WG --

The minutes are at

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/Minutes/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html

and also available as text, below.

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                 WebCGM
                               28 Sep 2006

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/0093.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Dave, Lofton, Don, Benoit, Thierry, Al, Dieter (on IRC only)

    Regrets
           Dieter, Stuart

    Chair
           lofton

    Scribe
           dave

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]roll call
          2. [6]routine WG business
          3. [7]WAI appendix
          4. [8]should WG reply to CDF?
          5. [9]During CR & moving to PR
          6. [10]Press Release and Testimonials
          7. [11]During CR & moving to PR
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________


    scribe dave

    <scribe> scribe: dave

    <lofton> chair: lofton

    Last weeks minutes:
    [13]hhttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/00
    64.html

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/0045.html

roll call

    roll call done

routine WG business

    none

WAI appendix

    <lofton> (switch order of agenda #3 and #4)

    <lofton> appendix E:
    [14]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2006/wai-appendix-V3.html

      [14] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2006/wai-appendix-V3.html

    LH: generated styling section for appendix and added to draft
    ... generally a positive feedback

    AL: substance of appendix, no problems other than 2 wording issues

    LH: response to Kentarou concerning implementations vs viewers

    AL: should say viewers instead of implementations

    LH: we will change implemtations to viewers in text

    AL: in note change at end of E.3. second sentence is not properly
    worded

    LH: not the design intent of name attribute - change

    Al: appendix accepted with those changes

    lofton: proposal that WebCGM WG approve appendix [$1\47] for
    inclusion in PR text

    objections?

    unanimous, approved

    <DW> no objection

    LH: thanks to Al and WAI PF folks for their contribution

    <thierry> do you see me

    AL: expresses thanks to WG for considering their late comments

Should WG reply to CDF?

    <lofton> yes thierry, you're there in IRC, as well as Zakim monitor

    LH: relationship to CDF, material in LC draft in Dec, disappeared in
    more recent drafts
    ... Asked CDF about missing text

    <lofton> CDF reply:
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/007
    1.html

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/0071.html

    LH: CDF did reply
    ... should we respond to their reply?
    ... way forward - thank CDF committee for their response and agree
    that publication somewhere else would be useful
    ... ask Chris whether he wants to take this forward to another arena

    <scribe> ACTION: lofton to check with Chris on this topic [recorded
    in [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-26 - Check with Chris on this topic [on
    Lofton Henderson - due 2006-10-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: lofton to respond to CDF [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action02]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-27 - Respond to CDF [on Lofton Henderson -
    due 2006-10-05].

Press Release and Testimonials

    Come next week with ideas for testimonials and press releases

    <DW> ITEDO is working on both testimonial and press release

    <scribe> ACTION: thierry to check whether testimonials can only come
    from W3C (or WG) members [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action03]

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action03

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-28 - Check whether testimonials can only
    come from W3C (or WG) members [on Thierry Michel - due 2006-10-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: dave to pursue testimonial from S1000D, if
    permissible [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action04]

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action04

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-29 - Pursue testimonial from S1000D, if
    permissible [on David Cruikshank - due 2006-10-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: don to check with testimonial from PTC [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action05]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action05

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-30 - Check with testimonial from PTC [on
    Don Larson - due 2006-10-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: dieter to report next week on plans [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action06]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action06

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-31 - Report next week on plans [on Dieter
    Weidenbruck - due 2006-10-05].

During CR & moving to PR

    LH: given where we are now, I would like to propose that at the next
    week telecon we vote for transition to PR

    TM: already drafted cover page for PR document

    <lofton> draft pr cover page:
    [22]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/thierry-editor/Overview
    -PR.html

      [22] 
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/thierry-editor/Overview-PR.html

    LH: we plan to vote next week to advance to PR (Oct 5), based on no
    further comments by Oct 6
    ... all must make an effort to be at the telecon next week

    DL: will not be available for telecon next week, but he can indicate
    his vote via email before the meeting

    TM: we need to have an updated editors version to vote on.

    LH: intented to do that and link will be in agenda published Wed AM,
    Don can respond to agenda with his vote

    <scribe> ACTION: lofton to publish candidate PR text by Wed AM
    [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action07]

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action07

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-32 - Publish candidate PR text by Wed AM
    [on Lofton Henderson - due 2006-10-05].

    TM: need note any changes during CR (WAI appendix and 2 way
    references)

    LH: patent exclusion issue resolved

    TM: thanks for all the WG members and AC reps for being quick on
    responding
    ... If a new member joins before we enter PR, then that member will
    have to also exclude patent
    ... exclusion period will not end until we enter PR

    LH: the exclusion period end when the director approved entering PR

    <lofton> at risk:
    [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/008
    0.html

      [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/0080.html

    LH: we are ok, except possibly Text on Path
    ... we have a question out to SDI on whether he will finish
    implementation
    ... how do we handle feature at risk, if it is not implemented at
    entry to PR

    TM: check with director on his feeling
    ... we might slide entry to PR a week to accomadate Text on Path

    <scribe> ACTION: dave to continue to follow up on Text on Path
    [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action08]

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action08

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-33 - Continue to follow up on Text on Path
    [on David Cruikshank - due 2006-10-05].

    <lofton>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/Graphics/WebCGM/implementation-report.htm
    l

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2006/Graphics/WebCGM/implementation-report.html

    LH: preliminary implementation report needs to be final before
    director's meeting

    <scribe> ACTION: lofton to finalize implementation report prior to
    next meeting [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action09]

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action09

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-34 - Finalize implementation report prior
    to next meeting [on Lofton Henderson - due 2006-10-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: thierry to take on editing of final implementation
    report [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action10]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action10

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-35 - Take on editing of final
    implementation report [on Thierry Michel - due 2006-10-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: lofton to update matrix to reflect latest results
    [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action11]

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action11

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-36 - Update matrix to reflect latest
    results [on Lofton Henderson - due 2006-10-05].

    LH: publication of test suite needs to get done - update to release
    1.0 and possibly update a few of the test results
    ... what is critical timing on publication?

    TM: test suite is changable, so timing in not critical

    LH: goal of publishing release 1.0 of test suite in two weeks
    ... for steps to make PR transition look a lot like steps from CR
    transition

    TM: he will handle most of the steps
    ... in transition request he will point out our work with WAI

    LH: what happens after PR? - MOU between W3C and OASIS indicates
    that when we enter PR we can start working in OASIS again
    ... when PR transition is approved, we will enter a second CS ballot
    (15 days) in OASIS
    ... How long does PR last in W3C

    TM: 4 week review by W3C members and them some few days to publish

    LH: we need final steps of W3C and OASIS to occur at the same time
    ... what happens after PR finishes

    TM: spec is frozen and cover page indicates "rec" and final uri is
    updated

    LH: we will work out details on the next few weeks on timing

    end of agenda

    LH: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: dave to continue to follow up on Text on Path
    [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: dave to pursue testimonial from S1000D, if permissible
    [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: dieter to report next week on plans [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: don to check with testimonial from PTC [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: lofton to check with Chris on this topic [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: lofton to finalize implementation report prior to next
    meeting [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: lofton to publish candidate proposed pr text by Wed AM
    [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: lofton to respond to CDF [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: lofton to update matrix to reflect latest results
    [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action11]
    [NEW] ACTION: thierry to check whether testimonials can only come
    from W3C (or WG) members [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: thierry to take on editing of final implementation
    report [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action10]

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action08
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action04
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action06
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action05
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action01
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action09
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action07
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action02
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action11
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action03
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html#action10

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([42]CVS log)
     $Date: 2006/09/28 17:00:02 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127  of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03
Check for newer version at [43]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: dave
Inferring ScribeNick: dave

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Al AlGilman BB BenoitB DL DW Dave_Cruikshank Don Don_
Larson LH Lofton_Henderson Minutes TM Zakiim dave lofton thierry tmiche
l tmichel_ trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
         <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
         <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Dieter Stuart
Agenda: [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Se
p/0093.html
Got date from IRC log name: 28 Sep 2006
Guessing minutes URL: [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.h
tml
People with action items: dave dieter don lofton thierry

      [44] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/0093.html
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/28-webcgm-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

    End of [46]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 28 September 2006 17:03:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:19:09 GMT