Re: Fwd: Meeting Network Guidelines

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:23:32 +0200
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: public-webcgm-wg@w3.org

On Saturday, June 17, 2006, 6:30:42 PM, Lofton wrote:

LH> For anyone considering hosting a meeting, here are some connectivity
LH> requirements.  (I have already forwarded them to Dieter.)

LH> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006AprJun/0199 (member-only)

Note that these are primarily aimed at larger meetings (TP, AC, workshops) and 'also apply' to smaller ones.

For WG meetings, in practice what is needed is wired or wireless access  to the Internet (for a smaller meeting, trailing wires are not a problem). HTTP, SSH, SMTP, POP and IRC ports should be open to allow normal working (mail, website, irc).

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG