Re: Representation of a secondary resource?

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 04:35, Jacek Kopecky wrote:
> Dan, I think I get your point about secondary resources not constituting
> a class of resources. It would be helpful IMO if the document mentioned
> how (of if), given a URI with a fragID, one can get to a representation
> of the resource.

Well, the straightforward way to get a representation of such
a resource is to find another URI for it, one that doesn't
have a fragID, and dereference that URI.

"[...] some intermediaries in Web architecture (such as proxies) have no
interaction with fragment identifiers and that redirection (in HTTP
[RFC2616], for example) does not account for fragments."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/webarch/#fragid

> I believe a reference from 3.1 (or 3.1.1) to "details of handling URIs
> with fragment identifiers, IOW getting representation for secondary
> resources" pointing to 3.2.1 could solve this, in case that's the way of
> getting to a representation of a resource via its secondary resource
> identifier (URI with fragID).

No, that's not a way of getting a representation of such a resource.

> If such a link is added, my issue can be closed successfully, and Stuart
> will not need to call me. 8-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jacek

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E