Re: HTML WG last call comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 14:29, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> There is a big difference. We are not talking about dissent being
> overruled, which even the current process allows, we are talking about
> dissent not being reported, which is not allowed.
>
> The disposition of comments for XLink lied: it claimed that the last call
> comments from the HTML WG had been replied to, which they hadn't (also not
> allowed by process). So the director was misled.

I don't believe so. The Director was aware of all of this, as I recall.

> Worse yet, the transition request for XLink occurred *after* the decision
> had already been made, and was not sent until Friday evening; the
> announcement that it had become a Rec was made the following Monday
> morning, thus allowing no opportunity for anyone to say "wait a minute!".
>
> Therefore XLink is not every bit as much a W3C Recommendation as HTML is.
> It fraudulently became a recommendation.

There was a process for appeal of a Director's Decision; more
recently, there is a process for rescinding recommendations.
Anyone who believes XLink is not or should not be a W3C Recommendation
should follow that process, I suppose.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E