Re: HTML WG last call comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/

There is a big difference. We are not talking about dissent being
overruled, which even the current process allows, we are talking about
dissent not being reported, which is not allowed.

The disposition of comments for XLink lied: it claimed that the last call
comments from the HTML WG had been replied to, which they hadn't (also not
allowed by process). So the director was misled.

Worse yet, the transition request for XLink occurred *after* the decision
had already been made, and was not sent until Friday evening; the
announcement that it had become a Rec was made the following Monday
morning, thus allowing no opportunity for anyone to say "wait a minute!".

Therefore XLink is not every bit as much a W3C Recommendation as HTML is.
It fraudulently became a recommendation.

Steven Pemberton