Re: [MIX] Is origin an authenticated origin?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> > That said, one nit: Chrome has no need to distinguish between
> "deprecated"
> > and "weak", but other browsers might.
>
> Would be interesting to hear about. If we want this to converge at
> some point it would be good to get some agreement on this.

As we've discussed before, Chrome just blocks connections it considers
weak. Things like SSL3 and SHA-1 are lumped into "deprecated". Opera, I
believe, is going to end up in the same boat. I suspect Firefox has a
similar model, I suspect Safari's model is quite different, and I have no
idea what IE does. :)

> Also, a synthetic Response can take its TLS state from the environment
> it is created in, right? (Assuming environments get a TLS state as
> well.)

I think we'd do the same thing there that we do for blobs. If we trust the
environment in which a response is synthesized, I think we can/should trust
the synthesized response as well.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Google+: https://mkw.st/+, Twitter: @mikewest, Cell: +49 162 10 255 91

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)