Re: NTP vs. HSTS

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM, =JeffH <Jeff.Hodges@kingsmountain.com> wrote:
> Does the HSTS preload entry timeout occur only if the UA hasn't noted an
> HSTS policy emitted from that HSTS host prior to the timeout expiry? (do you
> have a pointer to the code, I'm curious...)

If dynamic state applies then the fact that the static HSTS entries
have timed out is immaterial:

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/net/http/transport_security_state.cc&sq=package:chromium&rcl=1413420779&l=110

The timeout was so that entries could be removed from the list, yes. I
could change that but lots of things go wrong if the clock is wrong. A
better answer is to fix the clock and it would be very nice if OSes
would do that.

Cheers

AGL