Re: NTP vs. HSTS

Hi Adam,

Speaking first hand, the demo involved resetting time using fake step NTP responses to various operating systems but I don’t remember which browser he was using at that time.  There were many quirks described by the author, but in general it seemed like a feasible attack.

A side note here - tlsdate won’t help much it’s one time sync tool while the problem is that client systems trustingly process the continuous NTP updates and that these messages are typically unsigned with Autokey (RFC5906). There’s interesting discussion in NTPv4 spec https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5905#section-15

--
Pawel Krawczyk
pawel.krawczyk@hush.com +44 7879 180015