Re: Proposal: Marking HTTP As Non-Secure

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Igor Bukanov <igor@mir2.org> wrote:

I.e. just consider that currently a hosting provider has no option to
> unconditionally encrypt pages they host for modern browsers as that may
> break pages of the users. With encrypted http:// they get such option
> delegating the job of fixing warnings about insecure context to the content
> producers as it should.

I'm sorry; I still don't understand what you mean. Do you mean that you
want browsers to treat some hypothetical encrypted HTTP protocol as if it
were a secure origin, but still allow non-secure embedded content in these
origins?

I would argue strongly against that, and so far not even the "opportunistic
encryption" advocates have argued for that.