Re: Blank blocked-uris

I'm not sure if you got an answer to your question, so I'll attempt one now.

If I was using data URLs in images on my site, I would feel
comfortable whitelisting img-src data:.  If I wasn't using data URLs
in images on my site, I would be (slightly) sad if the browser
automatically whitelisted them for me because it's attack surface I
don't need.

At a more meta level, CSP is already pretty complicated to understand.
 We might be able to get away with whitelisting data URLs for images,
but doing that would add more complexity to the feature because it
would introduce differences between, say, img-src and font-src.  IMHO,
we're better off with a policy language that's simpler even if it
requires that folks who are using data URLs need to whitelist them
themselves.

Adam