Re: CSP 1.1: More granular source list definitions.

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:23:08 +0200, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> Given that history, we might have success at preparing the way for
> granularity in 1.1 by adding a warning to 1.0 implementations now,
> noting that the path component is being ignored. That would be
> lighter-weight than a version component.

Yeah, printing out a warning in the console might help restraining the
craziness that is the web a bit. However, as said, it's a wild web out
there, so I'd rather err on the side of not really waiting that long.

If we could flesh out how we'd like this to behave, and ready things for
the CSP 1.1 draft, (or even make a branch for it now), I would at least be
interested in Opera implementing support for the path component straight
away if we were to do CSP right now.

There are things that are more important than rubber stamped version
numbers ;-)

--
Odin Hørthe Omdal (Velmont/odinho) · Core, Opera Software, http://opera.com