Re: [webappsec] updated draft SVG: simple CORS request

Mike West replied:

 > On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Hill, Brad <bhill@paypal-inc.com> wrote:
 >
 >> I think that is an excellent point.  The spec is for user-agent
 >> implementers.  We need user-centric documentation but that should live
 >> elsewhere, such as http://webplatform.org
 >

 > I disagree. Specs in general (including this spec in particular) are not
 > only for user-agent implementors: serious developers of all types read
 > specs, and we should make reasonable efforts to accomodate them.

+1

 > That said, I also don't think the diagram should block CR, and would be
 > perfectly fine with pointing folks elsewhere for it. webplatform.org seems
 > like a perfect home.

If the diagram isn't in the spec proper, having its location explicitly
identified would be helpful to the reader.

For example, if the spec can be finalized at "recommendation" with it's present
link to the "CORS wiki page" <http://www.w3.org/wiki/CORS> intact, then placing
the diagram there is an acceptable compromise.

HTH,

=JeffH