Re: do not deprecate synchronous XMLHttpRequest

i agree that it's not a democratic process and even though some W3C/TAG
people will engage you every now and then the end result is the browser
vendors and even companies like Akamai have more say than the users and
developers. It's a classic top-down system, but at least most debates and
discussions happen over open-access mailing lists.

I wish there was an app like Hacker News where browser vendors via W3C,
TAG, webapps etc engage users and developers in discussions and use up/down
votes to tell what matters most to users and developers.

But design by committee is really hard and sub-optimal, and you need a
group of true and tried experts (open minded ones) to call the shots on
various technical aspects.