Re: do not deprecate synchronous XMLHttpRequest

Marc:

Its not about getting rid of badly designed APIs. It's about the feeling
of not being taken seriously. The web-developers are the people who have
to use the available browser technologies to provide what users want.
And often we can't oblige because - well, browsers don't implement it
for whatever reason.

Examples: Safari doesn't allow the export of arbitrary data blobs into
the file system. This is a major problem and has been reported numerous
times on their bug tracker - to no avail. What good is a "maybe" for
canplay on media files? Why can't we still not paste directly into the
clip board? Blobs are immutable but it would be cool to have blob
'pipes' or FIFOs allowing us to stream from those pipes by feeding them
via AJAX.

It would really be great, if browser-developers would be more open to
suggestions from the web-developer communities. We are a team and both
groups should cooperate better for the benefit of all web users.

m.