Re: HTML imports in Firefox

On 15 December 2014 at 19:09, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> But more to the point, we're not shipping imports because we've gotten
> feedback from a number of people that imports are not solving the problems
> they actually need solved.  We'd prefer to not ship imports and then need
> to ship yet another HTML import system that solves those problems.

Well, imports work better for us than Javascript modules, for the reasons I
gave. I hadn't given any feedback because everything looked great with HTML
imports and I was simply waiting for it to arrive in browsers. Maybe the
process biases feedback towards the negative? I guess you never hear the
chorus of "cool, can't wait!" from everyone looking forwards to it?