Re: HTML imports in Firefox

On 12/15/14, 1:10 PM, Ashley Gullen wrote:
> Why would modules affect the decision to ship HTML imports?

Because the interaction of the various import systems with each other
needs to be specified, for one thing.

But more to the point, we're not shipping imports because we've gotten
feedback from a number of people that imports are not solving the
problems they actually need solved.  We'd prefer to not ship imports and
then need to ship yet another HTML import system that solves those problems.

> The webcomponents.org <http://webcomponents.org> polyfill for imports
> has a couple of caveats, so it doesn't look like it's totally equivalent
> and portable with browsers with native support, like Chrome which has
> shipped it already.

Chrome has shipped a lot of things in this space already.  Feel free to
mail me privately for my feelings on the matter.  chrome shipping
something is not sufficient reason to ship something we're pretty sure
is deficient, I'm afraid.

-Boris