Re: PSA: Sam Ruby is co-Editor of URL spec

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:18:10 -0500
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
On 11/18/2014 03:08 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 11/18/14 3:02 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> On 11/18/2014 09:51 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>>> Given URL is a joint deliverable between WebApps and TAG, perhaps it
>>> would be helpful if you were a co-Editor. Are you interested in that
>>> role?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> OK, PubStatus updated accordingly.

Thanks!

Would it be possible to fork https://github.com/whatwg/url into
https://github.com/w3c/, and to give me the necessary access to update this?

I've recently converted the spec to bikeshed, and bikeshed has the
ability to produce W3C style specifications.  I also plan to add a
status section as described here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014OctDec/0315.html

Once done, I'll post a message to this list (public-webapps) for a
review, followed by a "PSA" when it is ready to be pushed out as a
editors draft.

I plan to work with all the people who have formally objected to see if
their concerns can be resolved.

Meanwhile, I'm working to integrate the following first into the WHATWG
version of the spec, and then through the WebApps process:

http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/url.html

Longer term (more specifically, in 1Q15), I plan to schedule a meeting
with the Director to resolve whether or not there is a need for a
WebApps version:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2014Nov/0036.html

- Sam Ruby