RE: WebApps-ACTION-734: Start cfc to publish ui events as a "gutted" wg note

>From: annevankesteren@gmail.com [mailto:annevankesteren@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anne van Kesteren
>On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> We should have a plan for the bugzilla component (there are some good "future" bugs logged there). Would the bugzilla component stay open? Would >> we need to move the bugs to D3E otherwise? (We can mark them future, or something to distinguish them.)
>
>What's the context for this new plan?

Sorry, this came out of comments from Marcos and others that having UI Events on WebApps's PubStatus (and in Google Search results) along with DOM Level 3 Events was confusing--e.g., which is the spec to be looking at? It turns out that the current UI Events spec has very little in it at the moment (we've back-ported most of its content into DOM Level 3 Events), and is now understood to be a home for future "UI Events" features (after wrapping up DOM Level 3 Events). So, the suggestion was that we officially stop working on UI Events (as a current deliverable) and potentially re-start it later when we're ready. This should alleviate the confusion. This lead to my questions above.

>What draft is going to define event constructors?

DOM Level 3 Events (already done)

>When are we going to see the hit testing part of mouse events
>defined? What draft will integrate with the event loop model and
>deal with relative ordering of the events and which happen as part
>of the same task and which as part of a distinct task, etc?

Scheduled for inclusion in DOM Level 3 Events (Bug 25927)

...and other bugs yet to be fixed.