Re: [editing] nested contenteditable

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM, Johannes Wilm <johanneswilm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> is there any news on this or on content editable in general? Would it
> be a better idea to just forget about contenteditable and instead
> implement everything using javascript, the way Codemirror has done it
> ( http://codemirror.net/demo/variableheight.html)?

I am not aware of any news on this.  Authors should definitely use
whatever tool works best for them -- last I checked, editors tend to
need to use contenteditable for at least some things if they want the
editing area to integrate nicely and behave as all users expect, but
you need a lot of JavaScript to get it working acceptably.  Browser
implementers still need to care about contenteditable, because many
websites still use it, so they can't just forget about it.