Re: Selectors: name find method and find signature

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> OK, fwiw I think I agree.  The next question is whether they should be
>> generic in the elements of the collection or not too.
>
> I don't really follow this. Are you talking about
> Element.prototype.query? That should probably mimic other methods on
> Element for now. Until we figure out the branding story and
> subclassing etc.

I mean whether the generic code does myarr[i].querySelectorAll() or
whether it does CanonicalElementProto.querySelectorAll.call(myArr[i]) or
whether it does
CanonicalElementProto.canonicalQuerySelectorAll.call(myArr[i]), going in
order from most generic to least generic.  Or something else.

> Well you said things were broken. I was wondering what the extent of
> the brokenness was.

I said underspecified, right?

I think we've covered the various underspecification bits in this thread
already: there's the question of how to get items from the collection
and the question of how to get new collections from the items.

-Boris