Re: Selectors: name find method and find signature

> There's two IDL bugs referenced from the specification that have
> public-script-coord copied. What am I missing?

Hmm.  I didn't see those bugmails go by; maybe they got filtered out by
my "html bugs" filters.  :(

In any case, my real questions revolve around generic vs branded methods
and whatnot, which are not covered by those two bugs.

> (One even questions using IDL for this at all

Why?

The IDL specification style is a lot less error-prone to implement for
non-JS-engine-hackers than the ES specification style, for what it's
worth, since it allows implementors to work with objects that have sane
behavior in the implementation language, not whatever weird behavior the
js engine API imposes...

It's also a lot less error-prone for spec writers.  I'll note that the
methods added here are totally underspecified at the moment.

> Defining something like
> [[QueryAll]] as a thing on Element seems problematic too though, given
> how Element is defined today.)

I'm not sure what you mean.

-Boris