Re: [webcomponents]: The Shadow Cat in the Hat Edition

On Sep 9, 2013 9:32 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Fwiw, we tried that and got in the weeds right away. See Dimitri's post
for
> > details. I'm afraid of trading real-life pain (e.g. exploding part
lists)
> > for what is IMO an unreal advantage (e.g. the notion components can be
> > upgraded and assured never to break is just not realistic).
>
> Did you miss my suggestion that we allow this with a third value on
> the current "allow selectors through" switch?
>
> ~TJ

I am worried that i am not understanding one or both of you properly and
honestly ... I am feeling just a bit lost.

For purposes here consider i have some kind of a special table component
complete with sortable and configurable columns.  When i use that, i
honestly don't want to know what is in the sausage - just how to style or
potentially deal with some parts.  If i start writing things depending on
the gory details, shame on me.  If you leave me no choice but to do that,
shame on you.  You can fool me once but you can't get fooled again... Or
something.

Ok, so, is there a problem with things at that simple level or do the
problems only arise as i build a playlist component out of that table and
some other stuff and in turn a music player out of that?  Is that the
exploding parts list?  Why is exposing explicitly bad?