Re: [XHR] request error distinction: abort and error

On a general note, "if window.stop() is invoked" is not appropriate
language. window.stop() could set some flag for XMLHttpRequest to look
at, or have some other kind of connection, but implicit connections
are bad. We should remove those when we encounter them.

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> I come to the opposite conclusion. If the user stops a request then we
> should assume that the user wanted to. We shouldn't assume that users
> are erratic and don't know what they are doing.

Given the UI for that (pressing Esc, right?) I would expect it to be
more accidental.

> So based on the knowledge that browsers generally don't have UI for
> aborting XHRs, I would draw the conclusion that if the user did cause
> an abort, that that was *not* accidental but rather intentional.

Interesting.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/