Re: FileSystem API

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Eric U <ericu@google.com> wrote:
> OK, I just finished making my way through the public-script-coord
> thread [I'm not on that list, but someone pointed me to it].  I have
> no official objections to you editing a spec based on Jonas's
> proposal, but I do have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Why is this on public-script-coord instead of public-webapps?

I started on public-webapps, but once discussion died out here I also
wanted to get input from TC39. Generally we're trying to improve
coordination between W3C and TC39 so public-script-coord was set up as
an attempt to help that. I'm hoping that we'll run all major API
designs past them going forward. Not just file-related things, but any
API that we design here and in other WGs.

There were so far many more changes based on discussions on this list
than discussions on public-script-coord.

However public-webapps is still the main list for discussing this API.
If any major changes are coming out of the discussion with TC39 the
intent is to bring those proposed changes back here.

> 2) Is any vendor other than Mozilla actually interested in this
> proposal?  When it was brought up on public-webapps, and at the
> WebApps F2F, it dropped with a resounding thud.

I'll let others speak up, but yes, I've heard positive signals from
other vendors. If we hadn't I wouldn't have let the discussions go as
far as they have.

/ Jonas