Re: IndexedDB, what were the issues? How do we stop it from happening again?

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013, Tobie Langel wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Jarred Nicholls wrote:
> > This is an entirely different conversation though. I don't know the
> answer to why sync interfaces are there and expected, except that some
> would argue that it makes the code easier to read/write for some devs.
> Since this is mirrored throughout other platform APIs, I wouldn't count
> this as a fault in IDB specifically.
>
> Sync APIs are useful to do I/O inside of a Worker.

I don't understand why that's true. Workers have a message-oriented API
that's inherently async. They can get back to their caller "whenevs".
What's the motivator for needing this?

> They're also critical for data consistency in some scenarios, e.g.
> updating the database after a successful xhr request when a worker is about
> to be terminated.

Unload-catching is a known bug in much o the web platform. Why would we
enable it here?