Re: IndexedDB, what were the issues? How do we stop it from happening again?

On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Alex Russell wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 6, 2013, Tobie Langel wrote:
> > Sync APIs are useful to do I/O inside of a Worker.
>

> I don't understand why that's true. Workers have a message-oriented API that's inherently async. They can get back to their caller "whenevs". What's the motivator for needing this?
There's no need per se. Sync API are easier to handle, and given you're already out of the UI thread, blocking in that context isn't much of an issue.
> > They're also critical for data consistency in some scenarios, e.g. updating the database after a successful xhr request when a worker is about to be terminated.
>
> Unload-catching is a known bug in much o the web platform. Why would we enable it here?

Nevermind. The Web Worker termination process (now?) says scripts get aborted anyway.

--tobie