Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> In the non-"hidden" case, I believe .shadowRoot is how you get access.

I meant in the non-"hidden" case. The name should make sense in terms of
accessing this property.

exposeRoot, hideRoot, publicRoot?

Re-reading Dimitri's email, in his description he kept saying
non-traversable, and then goes on to suggest names. Were there objections
to traversable/non-traversable? It seems like that was the natural way to
describe it during discussion.

On a related note, most of the suggestions have a negative context (such
that enabling takes something away), as opposed to a positive context (such
that disabled takes something away). Is there a proposed API for this? I'm
assuming this would be exposed via JS, not HTML, so it would be fine for
the API to have a positive context and the developer would set the value to
false to turn off the default behavior of exposing the root. I don't have a
strong opinion either way, it just stuck out that everyone was using a
negative context. If this would be exposed via an HTML attribute, then the
negative context makes sense.