Re: [webcomponents]: Moving custom element callbacks to prototype/instance

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:

> Cons:
> * The callbacks now hang out in the wind as prototype members. Foolish
> people can invoke them, inspectors show them, etc.

This con could get uncomfortably exciting if we try building HTML
elements with custom elements. For example, today all WebKit forms
controls use the equivalent of the insertedCallback to hook up with
the <form> element. We could make these callbacks non-configurable so
that enthusiastic authors don't get any ideas, but these same authors
could still call them and wreak all kinds of havoc.

:DG<