Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

From: Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:03:47 +0100
To: Scott González <scott.gonzalez@gmail.com>

On 7.3.2013 19:54, Scott González wrote:

> Who is killing anything?
Hi, given
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0676.html
I've misunderstood your point as advocating against Shadow altogether.

My concerns are twosome:
1st one is ideological: you do not touch internals, it's not good
practice, but I appreciate the fact, that good practice is not a dogma
and from time to time is good thing to break it.
2nd is is practical: not having to care about the internals, so I do not
break it by accident from outside. If the only way to work with
internals is by explicit request for internals and then working with
them, but without the ability to breach the barrier accidentally,
without the explicit request directly on the shadow host, this concern
is satisfied and yes, there will be no clashes except for control naming.

Brona