Re: Beacon API

From my perspective the point is that we should rather have a clear(er)
definition of what we need, rather than starting to see how it fits into
existing specs. Having this initial spec it will be also easier to decide
about the actual fit into XHR or PING

// Alois

On 2/18/13 10:19 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Reitbauer, Alois
><Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com> wrote:
>> The conversations this week were very helpful in deciding how to move
>>forward. I second Jatinder's idea that we come up with a specification
>>that describes in details what we need. We should also treat it as a
>>separate specification. If we then see that it has enough commonalities
>>with XHR and does not introduce unnecessary complexity we can still
>>merge it.  I also think that this is the most efficient way to move
>>forward here.
>
>It's not entirely clear to me how we moved from "we need a simple flag
>on XHR" to lets create a whole new API...
>

>--
>http://annevankesteren.nl/

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Compuware Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Vienna whose registered office is at 1120 Wien, Austria, Am Euro Platz 2 / Gebäude G.