Re: document.register and ES6

From: Daniel Buchner <daniel@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:50:57 -0800
To: Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com>
Cc: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
I just made sure it worked, and it does. As for developers freaking out, I
really don't believe they would. If that was the case,
Object.defineProperties should be causing a global pandemic of
whopperdeveloper freakouts (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhF6Kr4ITNQ).

This would give us easy IE compat for the whole range of property types,
and I'm willing to all but guarantee developers will have a bigger freakout
about not having IE9 support than the prototype property of
document.register taking both a baked and unbaked object.

Daniel J. Buchner
Product Manager, Developer Ecosystem
Mozilla Corporation