Re: [ambient light events LC] Feedback ( LC-2736)

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 15:37:24 +0200
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, "public-device-apis public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, ext James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
Hi James, Tab,

On 18.1.2013, at 0.45, ext James Robinson wrote:

[...]

> Either this link is incorrect, or something is broken in your tooling,
> as it sends me to a very raw HTML file with no styling, headers, or
> anything else.  This makes it difficult to read or review.
>
> The html is served from an https:// page but is trying to load the respec script from an http:// URL (specifically http://www.w3.org/Tools/respec/respec-w3c-common).  Chrome by default blocks the insecure content.  This script appears to be available at https://www.w3.org/Tools/respec/respec-w3c-common, so the fix should be straightforward.

This is now fixed.

[It appears dvcs.w3.org started serving all files only over https some time ago (btw. anyone know the reason for this change?), and I happened to have Chrome running with --allow-running-insecure-content switch, so I did not catch this.]

Anyway, thanks for reporting the issue, and sorry for the delay (I somehow missed this email initially)!

-Anssi