Re: [shadow-dom] text-decoration

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:24:20 -0800
To: "Jens O. Meiert" <jens@meiert.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying.
>
> Can you help me explain the disconnect that I’m seeing in how the
> draft is clear?
>
> All it says is:
>
>> 6.2 text-decoration Property
>>
>> The text decorations, specified by the text-decoration property must not
>> be propagated from shadow hosts to shadow trees.
>
> That’s literally it—there are no other occurrences of the word
> “text-decoration” in the whole draft, if you don’t count the TOC entry
> pointing to said section.
>
> Are you referring to another draft that is more clear, should I have
> expected an explanation in the Shadow DOM one, for example
> (admittedly, I didn’t look there)? Just asking as I’d like to
> understand, and to gauge whether there is need to make this more clear
> for other readers too.

I'm probably using a different definition of "clear" than most people
here.  ^_^  The lack of a hyphen in "text decorations" distinguishes
it from "text-decoration", the property - the former refers to the
decorations that are specified by the property.  If you're intimately
familiar with how text decorations work, you'll also know that they
inherit in a funky way that is different than CSS properties.

~TJ