RE: Overlap between StreamReader and FileReader

Can you please go into a bit more detail? I've read through the thread, and it mostly focuses on the details of how a Stream is received from XHR and what behaviors can be expected - it only lightly touches on how you can operate on a stream after it is received.
The StreamReader by design mimics the FileReader, in order to give a consistent experience to developers. If we agree the FileReader has some flaws and we want to take an opportunity to address them with StreamReader, or an alternative, then I think that is reasonable. I do agree the API should allow for scenarios where data can be discarded, given that is an advantage of a Stream over a Blob.
That said, Anne, what is your suggestion for how Streams can be consumed?
Also, apologies for being a bit late to the conversation - I missed the conversations the past month. I'm now hoping to solicit more feedback and update the Streams spec accordingly.