Re: [webcomponents]: Of weird script elements and Benadryl

On 4/14/13 1:49 PM, Scott Miles wrote:
> Erik Arvidsson came up with a strategy for overcoming this in Blink, but
> to my recollection Boris Zbarsky said this was a non-starter in Gecko.

Just to be clear, the proposal there was to take an already existing
function object and call some UA-provided method that under the hood
changes its [[Construct]] internal symbol.

Which is a non-starter for us in the short term simply because Gecko
currently has no concept of different [[Construct]] for different
_function_ objects (as opposed to other objects).

-Boris